"All we can say is 'Opa'! Zoran and his staff of coaches at Zeta introduced our family to fencing three years ago and forever changed our lives. Zeta is more than just world class saber - it's an extended family."
"He is absolutely LOVING every minute of these classes! I cannot tell you how long it’s taken for us to find something he really enjoys and gets exercise doing! We are so incredibly thankful."
… Where Beginners Advance To The Next Level
After students have gained a general understanding of sabre fencing and have a consolidated the basic skills of footwork and blade work in the beginner classes, they are promoted to our intermediate classes where they learn more advanced fencing techniques and develop a basic understanding of sabre refereeing and bouting strategies. Only fencers with prior fencing experience can join this class and coaches’ approval is required before registration.
In this class, students review the fundamental fencing skills they acquired in the beginner classes, learn new fencing moves, and deepen their understanding of the concepts of sabre fencing. Each session consists of seven weekly 90-minute classes. New students may join at the beginning of each new session at the coach's recommendation. Students stay in this class for several sessions until the coaches are sure that they are ready to join the next class level.
As in the Beginner Classes, students pay a fully refundable equipment deposit in order to use a complete set of personal fencing equipment for the duration of each session. For safety reasons, students are required to wear clean indoor sneakers, long loose-fitting sweat pants and a T-shirt during class. Please read our full dress guidelines here.
Just like the Beginner Class, this class is offered for three different age groups: Youth 1 (YOB 2013-2016), Youth 2 (YOB 2011-2014), and Youth 3 (YOB 2008-2012).
Class Times and Fees
Youth 1 (YOB 2013-2016): Monday 4:30 - 6pm
Youth 2 (YOB 2011-2014): Saturday 1-2:30pm
Youth 3 (YOB 2008-2012): Wednesday 4:30-6pm
Class Fee per 7 - week session: $350
Class Fee for second family member for a 7 - week session: $280
Equipment Deposit: $300 (cash or check only, fully refundable)
Discount: The first family member pays the full price; every additional family member receives second family member rate. If family members participate in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full. The family member enrolled in the lower-priced program is eligible for the lower priced fee.
Session Schedule 2023/24
New fencers may join at the beginning of each session.
- SESSION 1: ALL CLASSES ARE FULL! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist. (Wednesday, September 6 – Monday, October 23, 2023)
- SESSION 2: Wednesday, October 25 – Monday, December 18, 2023 (no classes during Thanksgiving break: Monday, November 20 – Saturday, November 25, 2023)
- SESSION 3: Wednesday, January 3 – Monday, February 27, 2024 (no classes during February break: Monday, February 19 - Saturday, February 24, 2024)
- SESSION 4: Wednesday, February 28 – Monday, April 22, 2024 (no classes during April break: Monday, April 15 - Saturday, April 20, 2024)
- SESSION 5: Wednesday, April 24 – Monday, June 10, 2024
In order to register, please provide:
- Completed registration form: Please use the Registration Button below.
- Proof of USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students become members of USA Fencing.
- An Access Membership costs $29/year and is valid until 7/31/2024.
- Payment: Please indicate your payment option on the online Registration Form.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
Class spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis once a complete registration with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership has been received.
There are no refunds after the first class meeting; however, partial credits may be issued toward future programs. If you have to request a refund before the first class meeting, a $50 processing fee will be automatically deducted from the total amount of your payment refund.