… Where Future Olympians Train
Zeta Fencing is the home of national and international sabre fencing champions. Some of our nation’s and the world’s best sabre fencers have graduated from our high performance program. As one of the world’s strongest sabre fencing programs, we provide world-class training at the highest national and international levels. Zeta’s fencers have won national and NCAA championships, world championships, and participated in the Rio Olympic Games in 2016.
Fencers with national competition experience who are fully committed to the sport of fencing can contact us to be considered candidates for the program. Individual students have to be admitted into the program by Zeta Fencing’s Head Coach Zoran Tulum. Admission depends on fencing level, athletic potential, and personal development of a fencer, but is limited by class size. Please contact us if you would like to schedule an evaluation.
High Performance Class
Students in this program are required to fence the complete national circuit for their age group; their goal is to qualify for and participate in the US National Championships. High Performance Program fencers train 4-5 days a week and follow an extensive national and international tournament schedule. Most students are 13 years and older. Group classes meet four days per week; each class lasts a full 2 hours. In addition, students participate in a competitive bouting class every week. This schedule provides 10 hours of fencing per week, including athlete-focused instruction as well as supervised bouting.
Group Class: Monday – Thursday, 7:30-9:30pm
Competitive Bouting Class: Sunday, 11:00am-1:00pm
NEW for 2020/21: Students unable to join in-person group classes due to the COVID pandemic should register for two virtual classes/week delivered via Zoom at a reduced cost/month.
Competitive Zoom Class: Monday & Wednesday, 4:00-5:00pm
All high performance fencers are required to take a minimum of 2 weekly individual lessons with our coaches. The lesson schedule is created upon the receipt of a complete registration.
At the beginning of the season, students will set up individual competition schedules with their coaches, which is based on the club's recommended 2020/21 competition schedule (PDF).
All competitive classes start the week of Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 and end on June 30th, 2021. Classes run continuously with the exception of the following major holidays: Labor Day (September 7), Thanksgiving (no classes November 26-29), Christmas/New Year (no classes December 24-January 3), Memorial Day (May 31).
Class cancellations due to inclement weather or other circumstances beyond our control will always be communicated via email and social media. Please make sure to provide a reliable email contact to receive urgent updates regarding classes and lessons.
You can download the class schedule for the 2020-2021 season here (PDF).
Program Fees & Registration
In order to sign up, students must commit to the entire season (or until the end of the season if they join later). Class fees can be paid monthly or for the entire season and are calculated as follows:
- Program fee (10 hours of instruction per week): $360/month
- Zeta Fencing club membership: $300/season
- Zoom Class (2 hours of instruction/week): $150/month
With the exception of the Zoom class, we offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program. For club membership, the reduced membership fee for each additional family members is $150 per season.
Once the Head Coach has invited you to join the High Performance Program, we need the following paperwork in order to register students:
- Completed Registration Form and Season Contract: Please us the Registration Button below.
- Proof of competitive USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students have to be current members of USA Fencing. In order to compete, a fencer needs a competitive membership with USA Fencing. Renew your membership here.
- Payment: Please indicate your payment option on the online Registration Form.
- Locker Rental Agreement: All students of the High Performance Program may rent a locker. Until further notice, students may only use lockers to store masks, shoes, cords, and sabres. Uniforms and gloves must be brought home for cleaning after each class. The signed rental agreement and payment can be handed in separately from the registration, but no later than the first day of class. Costs and details can be found on the Locker Rental Agreement; download here.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.