"Zeta has been a wonderful experience. Our son has been taking lessons and classes there for the last three years, progressing noticeably at each stage. He has not always loved other sports, but he has discovered a love of fencing at Zeta. Zeta's culture is special in that it shows a deep respect for these young athletes, balanced with a healthy drive to make them better. The discipline, dedication, and skills our child works on at Zeta are reflected in his approach to school and relationships. We are so happy to have found Zeta and expect to be there for years."
"All we can say is 'Opa'! Zoran and his staff of coaches at Zeta introduced our family to fencing three years ago and forever changed our lives. Zeta is more than just world class saber - it's an extended family."
… Where Beginners Advance To The Next Level
After students have gained a general understanding of sabre fencing and have mastered the basic skills of footwork and blade work in beginner classes, they continue fencing in our intermediate classes where they learn more advanced fencing techniques and develop a basic understanding of sabre refereeing and bouting strategies. Only fencers with prior fencing experience can join this class and coaches’ approval is required for registration.
In this class, students review fundamental fencing skills, learn new fencing moves, and deepen their understanding of the concepts of sabre fencing. Each session consists of seven weekly 90-minute classes; new students are welcome to join at the beginning of each new session. Students stay in this class for several sessions until our coaches are sure that they are ready to join a competitive class.
Students borrow a complete set of personal fencing equipment for the duration of each session in exchange for a fully refundable security deposit. For safety reasons students are required to wear clean fencing shoes, long loose-fitting sweat pants and a T-shirt during class. Students interested in individual private lessons in addition to group classes need to purchase a mask, glove, and saber for their personal use. Please read our full guidelines here. All registered students are eligible to participate in the weekly Competitive Zoom Class for additional instructional time as well.
Y12+: Tuesday 5-6:30pm
Y10: Thursday 5-6:30pm
Competitive Zoom Class: Monday & Wednesday 4-5 pm
Class Schedule & Fees
New fencers can join at the beginning of each session.
Class sessions for the 2020-2021 season:
- SESSION 1: Tuesday, September 8 – Monday, October 26, 2020
- SESSION 2: Tuesday, October 27 – Monday, December 21, 2020 (no classes during Thanksgiving break: Monday, November 24 – Sunday, November 30)
- SESSION 3: Monday, January 4 – Saturday, February 27, 2021 (no classes during school break Monday, February 15 – Sunday, February 21, 2021)
- SESSION 4: Monday, March 1 – Saturday, April 17, 2021 (no classes during school break Monday, April 19 – Sunday, April 25, 2021)
- SESSION 5: Monday, April 26 – Monday, June 14, 2021 (no classes on Memorial Day, May 31, 2021)
You can download the class schedule for the 2020-2021 season here (PDF).
Each 7-week in-person group class session costs $280.
We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program.
In order to register, please provide:
- Completed registration form: Please use the Registration Button below.
- Proof of USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students become members of USA Fencing. A non-competitive membership costs $10 per year. Find more information and detailed instructions here.
- Payment: Please indicate your payment option on the online Registration Form.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
Class spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis once a complete registration with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership has been received.
There are no refunds after the first class meeting; however, partial credits may be issued toward future programs. If you have to request a refund before the first class meeting, PayPal’s processing fees will be automatically deducted from the total amount of your payment refund. The amount you receive will be reduced by the processing fee determined by PayPal.