… Where Beginners Advance To The Next Level
After students have gained a general understanding of sabre fencing and have mastered the basic skills of footwork and blade work in beginner classes, they continue fencing in our intermediate classes where they learn more advanced fencing techniques and develop a basic understanding of sabre refereeing and bouting strategies. Only fencers with prior fencing experience can join this class and coaches’ approval is required for registration.
Due to COVID regulations, class size is very limited, so early registration is highly recommended.
In this class, students review fundamental fencing skills, learn new fencing moves, and deepen their understanding of the concepts of sabre fencing. Each class session consists of seven weekly classes; new students are welcome to join at the beginning of each new session. Students stay in this class for several sessions until our coaches are sure that they are ready to join a competitive class.
Students borrow a complete set of personal fencing equipment for the duration of each session in exchange for a fully refundable security deposit. For safety reasons students are required to wear clean fencing shoes, long loose-fitting sweat pants and a T-shirt during class. Students interested in individual private lessons besides group classes need to purchase a mask, glove, and saber for their personal use. Please read our full guidelines here.
We offer two Intermediate Classes based on age groups:
Y12: Tuesday 5-6:30pm (ages 11-14)
Y10: Thursday 5-6:30pm (ages 8-10)
NEW for 2020/21: Students unable to join in-person group classes due to the COVID pandemic may register for one weekly virtual class delivered via Zoom at a reduced cost/session.
Zoom Class: Friday 4-5 pm
Class Schedule & Fees
New fencers can join at the beginning of each session.
Class sessions for the 2020-2021 season:
- SESSION 1: Tuesday, September 8 – Monday, October 26, 2020
- SESSION 2: Tuesday, October 27 – Monday, December 21, 2020 (no classes during Thanksgiving break: Monday, November 24 – Sunday, November 30)
- SESSION 3: Monday, January 4 – Saturday, February 27, 2021 (no classes during school break Monday, February 15 – Sunday, February 21, 2021)
- SESSION 4: Monday, March 1 – Saturday, April 17, 2021 (no classes during school break Monday, April 19 – Sunday, April 25, 2021)
- SESSION 5: Monday, April 26 – Monday, June 14, 2021 (no classes on Memorial Day, May 31, 2021)
You can download the class schedule for the 2020-2021 season here (PDF).
Each 7-week in-person group class session costs $280.
Each 7-week Zoom class session costs $150.
We offer a family discount for all our classes. The first family member pays the full price, every additional family member receives a 25% discount on class fees. If family members are participating in programs with different fees, the higher-priced program has to be paid in full and the family discount is applied to the lower-priced program. There are no family discounts for Zoom classes.
In order to register, email or mail the following to Zeta Fencing:
- Completed registration form: Download here. We need a completed and hand-signed form. You can either mail the hard copy, or email a clearly readable scan/photo.
- Proof of USA Fencing membership: Our insurance requires that all students become members of USA Fencing. A non-competitive membership costs $10 per year. Find more information and detailed instructions here.
- Payment: Please indicate on your registration form which type pf payment you choose. Class payments can be made (1) by check with the mailedregistration form; or (2) online credit card or bank payment through PayPal. Please click on the button below and write the date of payment confirmation on the registration form.
We ask all fencers and parents to read and acknowledge Zeta Fencing’s Code of Conduct. By signing a registration form, you agree to its terms.
Class spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis once a complete registration with full payment and proof of USA Fencing membership has been received.
You may pay your class fees below, but please remember that we cannot process your registration without a completed registration form in addition to your payment:
There are no refunds after the first class meeting; however, partial credits may be issued toward future programs. If you have to request a refund before the first class meeting, PayPal’s processing fees will be automatically deducted from the total amount of your payment refund. The amount you receive will be reduced by the processing fee determined by PayPal.